Thursday, March 02, 2006

sale yarn!

My mother mocked me mercilessly for spending $15 on this yarn, given that we have so much wool at home--I tried to explain to her, the operative word is *wool.* Wool doesn't work for all knitting projects--surprisingly, it works for relatively few, given how scratchy it is (difficult to wear close to the skin) and how easily it often wears out (mittens and socks are out because of the wear and tear). This is all 100% cotton--cotton's my favourite kind of yarn to work with. It's not scratchy like wool, but it's a natural fibre and consequently *wears* like a natural fibre. The navy is for my sister's arm cuffs--they'll be like mine, except I'm putting yellow anchors on the fore-arms in the yellow so that it will be all sailor-like. At least, that's the plan. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the burgundy yet. It was just such a pretty colour that I wanted to get some--and it was only $1.60 a ball (2.5 oz.) so I thought I ought to. I think I might make some short cuffs for myself out of them, trim it with the navy if there's some left over. But then again, I might not need another pair of cuffs. Possibly one of those delicate long thin scarves with lots of decorative stitches. Haven't decided yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnitWhore.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]