Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Bee Sweater

Or a "B" sweater. Originally, I set out to make a Weasley sweater, but like everything I do, the pattern was discarded early in the game and I made up what I was going to do as I went along. I knew it was going to be that blue colour from the beginning, but it was going to originally be my first attempt at cabling (which I still haven't figured out ... if there were a picture by picture step by step set of instructions, I could do it). Then it was going to have a skull on it. Then it was going to be like one of those scandinavian sweaters with the pattern around the neck. I like what it did turn out to be, though. Kind of a "Let's go rowing!" or a nineteenth-century team sweater. Everytime I wear it, someone is amused by it.


The pattern I did use was the Paton Back-to-basics book, which has the basics for set in, drop and raglan sleeves, cardigan fronts, vests, and v-neck, turtleneck or crew-neck. It's really a quite brilliant book. You piece together what you want from all of the different sets of instructions and add whatever you want. My kind of pattern. Even sewing, I don't think I've ever followed a pattern exactly. This is why I'm not a scientist.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

I should probably note, too, that it's actually a children's pattern (because the adult small was enormous) with sleeves lengthened because of my monkey arms. I think I added twenty rows to each, or something.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Wowza. I'm mighty impressed. Sweaters with letters rule!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnitWhore.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]