Wednesday, February 15, 2006

do-over


All right, so I did and undid Professor McDougall's scarf about 5 times. I abandoned the garter stitch and decided on this horizontal scarf. The pattern is pretty simple:

Cast 120 stitches on to size 10 (15 American) needles.
Knit 3 rows.
Row 1: k1 *yo k2t repeat pattern, k1
Row 2: k2 *yo k2t repeat pattern, k2
Repeat until scarf is desired width--I did 12 to make a thin, delicate scarf.
Knit 3 rows and cast off.

And here's what it looks like. I've just finished blocking it and I'll fringe it when it dries. (note the exciting quilt in the background that my aunt made)


This is a ball of wool that I got at Lewiscraft--they were having a sale on remnants, so I got this ball for two bucks. I'm not sure what to do with it yet, because it can't be a particularly big project. I contemplate making something for myself, but I have no idea what it would be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brennan said...

Oh wow, that blue scarf turned out really nice. I really like it.

As for the ball of yarn, I recommend making some sort of beanie hat for yourself. Everyone needs a woolen hat that is tiny and cute and fashionable. That's what I would do with it if I were you.

But I'm not, as circumstances seem to prove.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah the Hutt said...

Im loving the blue scarf re-do--and it is SO perfect for Patti

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnitWhore.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]