Monday, February 13, 2006

photo-ish goodness

Projects, past and present:

This is a commissioned scarf that I finished before Xmas and haven't gotten around to giving to its owner--it's double seed stitch (that is: row 1 and 2: k2 p2; row 3 and 4: p2 k2) on size 5 needles. The yarn is acrylic, 26 stitches across, about 5 1/2 feet long. The texture doesn't come through amazingly well on this, but it's actually a lovely scarf, if I do say so myself.



This is the beginning of what I like to term "Caitlin's lazy ass scarf." The wool is alpaca/wool/acrylic blend, doubled and on size 10 needles (that's Canadian sizing--a 15 American), 23 stitches across with garter stitch. There's two rows of eyelet stitch 12 rows into it--just a border detail to add interest. The needles I'm using are too big for the wool normally, but the result is a very loose, soft scarf, which I find is the aim with wool blended yarns, as they lean towards scratchy as a general rule. This one is for Dr. McDougall, who wrote yet another of my reference letters. After this, only one to go! I have ambitions to do a horizontal scarf (that is, cast on a hundred stitches and knit 15 rows) in a diagonal eyelet with doubled or tripled wool. That would be a fast scarf--I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brennan said...

I like the green scarf. =)

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnitWhore.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]