Wednesday, July 11, 2007

And I just won't quit with the pink things ...

So, this is my latest, in a horrible picture in which it looks like I have no legs from the knees down. The truth of the matter is that I had to kneel because the mirror isn't high enough for me to stand and take this picture.
And this is my latest in pieces before assembly:
And this is the sad truth that my latest looks better on my bed than on me. But that might be because of the beautiful quilt that my Aunt made .


As always, I messed up. So this is the pattern I followed at the Berroco website. The major difference is that I began the main body after a RS rather than a WS because I'm a dolt when it comes to even the simplest patterns. i.e. the ribbing is k3 p1 k1 p1 rather than p3 k1 p1 k1. I don't think it looks TOO bad though. I didn't realise it until I was halfway up the back, and I gambled that it wouldn't make the thing hideous so I didn't take it apart. The principles that govern my knitting: laziness and improvisation. But I like it and will probably wear it all winter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This looks great! Did you use the recommended Bonsai yarn, or a sub? I've never worked with Bonsai...do you think this would work in a worsted weight wool or a cotton blend? Thanks! =)

12:37 AM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Good lord ... I never put that much thought into anything ... I used wool that my nana left me ... it was 100% pure wool, and the only thing it has in common with the pattern is the gauge. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful. :o)

1:08 PM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Actually, on second thought, I would say it would probably work better with a sort of limper yarn ... it's warm and vesty the way I made it but it clearly doesn't resemble the pattern.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnitWhore.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]